The Auto delete feature allows you to set a time period threshold - so any visitor records older than your set threshold will automatically be deleted.
Example: Auto delete is set to delete visitor information older than 1 month.
The program runs every 24 hours; therefore, if today is July 5th, then any records created on or before June 4th, will be deleted.
On July 6th, the program will run and delete any visitor information that was created on June 5th - since we already deleted all previous visitor information.
Please note: Visitor information deleted is any fields that are not related to the visitors date and time. In other words, if phone fields, company fields, vehicle fields are collected, that information will delete. The actual event of that visitor's date and time while, on your premises will not delete. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) does not give individuals the right to delete existing historical events.
To set up Auto delete, follow the steps below:
- Login to your ZAP IN account. To login, click here.
- From the left side panel, click on the Gear icon & then click on ALL.
- Hover your cursor over Shared settings on the workbench and then click on Auto delete visitor data.
4. Click on the slide icon to enable the feature.
5. Set appropriate date options.
6. Click Save to enable your changes.
For further questions, use the Chat icon on the bottom right corner of your screen or email us at email@example.com